Thursday, July 29, 2010

Third Week

July 28, 2010

IMAP is getting to its end, and I haven’t written in a long time. Sorry for that. So in this blog, I am going to talk about my third week. This first week of the second half was the most calm of all four. I had my two lessons of piano, now with professor Miroslav Brejcha, Director of Pilsen Conservatory. His way of teaching is very different from Dr. Silverman’s, however I think was as interesting. He has focused more in technique, and has given me much information about how to play more easily. He is very patient and good professor. I think his thoughts are helping me very much, as he is teaching me a lot of technique, although I will need time to be able of applying all this new things to my playing. He had also recommended me some studios to improve my playing. I was really happy, as I think he noticed things I have been struggling before, but not being able to improve. Now I have more work, but I am more than glad to do it as I want so badly to be one of the bests.

So, although this week was more relaxed I used it to practice more and to think more about why I want to do in my future, regarding my playing. I realized that I want to be one of the bests. Here in IMAP I have known so many good pianists that make me really nervous. However, I know if I practice more seriously I will be able to feel even more comfortable with my playing. I am so glad I came here. Now more than ever I want to spend as many time in the piano, as can possible be. I want to be able to communicate myself more easily through music. I have discovered that I loved this even much more than I had ever imagined. Now other things seems not as important, if I am with my piano and music I know that I am going to be the happiest person in the world. Now I am ready to start a new period in my life. I feel myself more mature. Now I know what I want and more important that I am willing to fight for it. I know this may be really hard, as was the first weeks here at IMAP. But I discovered a new Natalia, a person that is strong and can over passed the difficulties life may have; a person that is really passionate about what she is doing, and wants to start a battle even knowing is a battle of continues fights. As one friend here at IMAP told me after I was complaining of my first week here (a week that had lots of problems, a week of awakening); she told me “I am going to say to you what my professor always said: THERE IS NO TIME FOR TEARS, THERE IS JUST TIME FOR BEING PROFESSIONAL.” Thus, for now on, I will try to always be professional: Always fighting to reach my goal, even when some difficulties may arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment