Thursday, July 8, 2010

july 7

July 7, 2010

This was an excellent day. I am so happy. I have learned so many things in a very short amount of time. Today was my second class with Dr. Silverman. He has so many things to teach me that I am already nervous of forgetting them, so I started to write them down. He is so nice, not just as a pianist and teacher but also as a person. He has been really supportive and comprehensive. Today at the end of my class, I asked him about my playing and my level because I started to be really nervous especially after listening to other pianists. They are all so wonderful, that make me fear of my future. Do I have a space in that competition? And what he answered made me want to practice more and more. He said more or less this: “ well Natalia, that is not a question that can have an answer. Can you pick between Hoffman, Rachmaninoff, Horowitz or Rubinstein? Each of them had their own especial thing which made them unique and wonderful. However, in order to be a good musician you must have talent, love for the music and especially be willing to work hard for it. And I can see you have three of them. So, just continue hard and you’ll be fine “ After that, I just couldn’t erase the smile from my face. I know I still have lots of work to do, but now more than ever, I am so willing to do it. Also, I must thank my teacher Dr. Jones as Dr. Silverman also told me “you are in really good hands. I can see you have a good teacher,” a fact that I have also noticed! So, thank you very much Dr. Jones, for all your teachings and patience! I am so excited. Everything here is music, music and more music. It is so wonderful as I am continuously learning something new that I am sure will make me a better pianist. My next class with him will take place on Saturday :D!!

Also, today was the first recital- We will have recitals Wednesday to Friday on the first week. The second and third week recitals are going to take place from Tuesday to Friday. And the last week they are going to be from Tuesday to Saturday- although it was very short, (just three violinists), it was SO amazing. Everyone played So good. This most be a dreaming! Here you can find SO many good musicians! Tomorrow, the recital will just be of pianists. I dare say it is going to be as amazing as today’s recital, as I am sort of listening to what they are playing at the practice rooms. But, I also have to say tomorrow’s recitals might make me want to practice and fear even more!

*By the way, my luggage arrived the next day (Monday)! When I got to the dorms, it was already waiting for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment