Friday, July 9, 2010

July 8

Julio 8

Today I took classes with Miroslav Brejcha for my chamber music repertoire, Piano Trio no. 4 Op. 11 by Beethoven. I was so nervous, as I also played with the guy that is going to be the violinist, and instead of the cellist, one professor from Pilsen conservatory played, she (cellist) is going to be here on Sunday, so she is coming to the class on Tuesday. I think I didn’t do a very bad job, however, I have to practice much more. This piece is stressing me a little, because it seems we are going to play the whole Trio, which is about 36 pages. Hopefully, in a time soon we are going to be playing the first movement. I must say this trio is so beautiful, I am really excited about this project which hopefully is going to be good and ready to perform before the summer ends. Nevertheless, I also have to practice my other repertoire for Dr. Silverman’s class, which is going to take place on Saturday. So, the six hours that each of us pianists have to practice are barely enough, and make me feel so jealous of the string players who can practice from 8am to 10 pm at the dorms.

Also, today was the piano recital. Professor Arthur Green started the recital playing so beautifully the Chaconne from Bach and Melody from Gluck; he is able to move everyone in the audience. It was a delight being among those in the audience. After him, four students from Manhattan School of Music played. It was a really good concert. They all played SO good and So beautiful.

*An amazing fact: Beer is way cheaper than water, as water here seems to be really precious while beer here is amazingly abundant- Pilsen is known for its excellence in beer. (Not saying I am saving money!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment